Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Riverparks makes me happy.

Today my rollerblading was inspiring. Every song that came on the ipod fit the mood and sent me gliding. It is hard for me to resist dancing while skating; I think I've got some legitimate moves and practically chacha'd to the Spanish guitar of Charo, yes that's right Charo check her out. The river glistened with the sunset displaying romantic colors of gold, rose, and blue. The puffy clouds reflected the rose sky and formed perfectly behind the stylish homes on Riverside. The newly paved path enticed bikers, walkers, and skaters. Benches, water fountains, and playgrounds flanked the pathway. Game boards, just like something from old Europe, sat mainly empty. I promised myself I would get some friends and a hooka to gather round for a game. I stopped to watch the sunset and hear the river roaring at the 21st street bridge. It reminded me how satisfying the basics of life can be. That's what its all about; getting out enjoying your community, being a part of nature, breathing in the air and being thankful for those moments when life is blissful.

No comments:

Post a Comment