Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Full Circle - Why we do it

Wow so I just wrapped up another session with my new volunteer. She's just getting started in community college and is helping out in the library to gain volunteer hours for the Tulsa Achieves project. So far I think its going to be a great opportunity for us to learn from one another. She's helping with tasks like shelf reading and weeding. Meanwhile I'm helping her get trained up on computer and information literacy with hopes she might be able to help us teach other students and better understand how students use the library. Today she went through some Word and Ebscohost tutorials and then wrote up a little review. I must say I almost cried upon reading it. How awesome to see it from her point of view and to see her learning! Yay its all coming full-circle this is why we do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment