Friday, March 13, 2009

Becoming A Cyborg

Studying information science creates the allure of being a meta-science Scientist. During my first degree I'd come to this conclusion about Political Science, believing everything boiled down to the political...now I realize all of that and everything else is dependent upon information.

While I have always worked during my adult life it has always been a secondary endeavor next to my schooling (which I was never quite sure how it would lead to a career). Now I am actually doing a job for which I am going to school. Work and school are fusing into this metallic stream of experience and theory. I see my readings and discussions reflecting the daily chores of the office. At times the convergence of knowledge and action are so in sync my body buzzes with synoptic energy. I feel myself transforming into a Cyborg Librarian, and I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment